Self isolation support grant is a one-off payment to help with reduced earnings as a result of you, your child or the person you're caring for being required to self-isolate.
Self-Isolation grant applications close on 5 January 2023. If you booked a PCR test through the SISG portal on or before this date, you can apply for the grant up to 28 days from your positive PCR test result.
If you're eligible for the grant and were unable to apply within 28 days from your positive PCR test result, we may be able to consider your application. This is only if you were unable to apply within the 28 days because of something that you could not control.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for a Self-isolation support grant you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- have been asked by the Test and Protect service (or equivalent in UK) to self-isolate because you've tested positive for COVID-19, or from 1 May 2022 have been advised by Test and Protect to stay at home or
- be the parent or primary carer of a child under 16, or a person over 16 who has tested positive for COVID-19.
You must also meet all the following criteria:
- be employed or self-employed
- be unable to work from home, and lose income as a result of self-isolation
- be in receipt of, or have been awarded but not yet received a payment of Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, Income-based Employment and Support Allowance, Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit, means tested Council Tax Reduction and/or Pension Credit
- be an applicant who would ordinarily have an underlying eligibility for Universal Credit (based on earnings prior to the self-isolation request period) and who experiences a reduction in earnings as a result of being asked to self-isolate.
You can't apply if:
- you're fully vaccinated and get a negative PCR test and have missed work whilst waiting for the result or have returned from abroad
- someone you look after (this includes your children and people you're caring for) is fully vaccinated and gets a negative PCR test and you have missed work whilst waiting for their result
- your child over 16 years gets a positive PCR test result and you are fully vaccinated
How much can I get?
If you meet the eligibility criteria you will receive £225.
How do I apply?
You can apply online within 28 days of being told to self-isolate.