View the latest prevention advice as well as useful links to trading standards information.
Be aware of Covid-19 related scams. If you receive a suspicious message or need consumer advice phone Advice Direct Scotland on 0808 164 6000 or visit the Consumer Advice Scotland website for practical and impartial support on how to resolve your problem and your consumer rights.
Protect yourself and others
- Don't be rushed into making a decision. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is
- Only purchase goods from legitimate retailers, if shopping online ensure the website is secure, look for https:// and the security padlock
- If someone claims to represent a charity, ask them for ID
- Be suspicious of requests for money up front
- Check with family and friends before accepting offers of help if you're unsure
Be aware of people offering or selling
- Virus testing kits. These are only offered by NHS
- Vaccines or miracle cures. There's currently no vaccine or cure
- Overpriced or fake goods to protect yourself from Covid-19 such as anti-bacterial products
- Shopping or medication collection services
- Home cleaning services
To register for scam alert updates, visit the Trading Standards Scotland website.