If you're a taxi operator experiencing financial challenges as a result of Covid-19, you may be eligible for a grant based on the number of vehicle licences you hold.
- owner/operators with one vehicle - a single award of £1,000
- owner/operators with 2 to 9 vehicles - a single award of £3,000
- owner/operators with 10 to 49 vehicles - a single award of £7,000
- owner/operators with 50 or more vehicles - a single award of £15,000
If you're eligible for a grant, we'll have written to you to advise of this fund and request completion of a form and copies of evidence.
Assistance in completion of forms
If assistance is required, please visit Barrhead Service Point (during office hours) or Eastwood HQ (by appointment).
Request an application form and complete by hand. You should then give to reception staff who will scan and send to email@example.com where the grant will be acknowledged and then processed.
To get in touch by phone, call 0141 577 3325.
Operators will require a recent bank statement (within last 3 months) showing your name and address, sort code, account number and bank address.
Further evidence required:
- Operators licence
- evidence of operating as a company or as a sole trader (self-employed) - e.g. UTR number from self-assessment documents
The deadline date is 5pm on 23 July 2021.
To be eligible for this fund, operators must:
- be an individual or company holding a valid taxi or private hire vehicle licence as at 3 June 2021
- have experienced loss of income (50% of turnover, compared with 2019) and incurred overhead costs and expenses (confirmed by self-certification)
In addition, taxi and private hire drivers and operators applying for support must not:
- have breached Covid-19 regulations
- have connections to tax havens, as set out in the Covid-19 regulations
The Department for Work and Pensions has confirmed that any grants received through the Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle Driver Support Fund will not affect any Universal Credit payments you're receiving. You will still need to declare the grant to the Department for Work and Pensions.
Visit the Scottish Government website for full eligibility details.