Money advice and rights

View the latest information from our Money Advice and Rights team.

We know how difficult a time this is for everyone, so our Money Advice and Rights team are here to help with benefit and debt advice. Just phone the team on 0141 577 8420 for more information, advice and support.

Money Saving Expert

Money Saving Expert has information about how Covid-19 affects your finances, including sick pay, mortgages, rental help, energy top-ups, cancelled events and more.

Visit the Money Saving Expert website.

You can also calculate any benefits you may be entitled to by visiting the UK Government website.


If you've received a letter from the Chief Medical Officer advising that you should shield for 12 weeks, you should text the number on the letter to register.

If you need a weekly food parcel free of charge text the number with the work 1BOX (2Box if there are 2 adults).

If you would like to arrange priority supermarket delivery text the number with 1shop.

If you're unable to text the number but would like to register for these services phone 0141 577 8420 and we can register you.

If you haven't received a letter from the Chief Medical Officer but are struggling to get food because you're self-isolating, experiencing financial problems due to a drop in income or because your children are at home phone 0141 577 8420 to discuss your needs. We can offer you an assessment and refer you to the East Renfrewshire Humanitarian Food hub or food bank.

If you can afford to pay for your shopping but can't get out to the supermarket, our partners at Voluntary Action East Renfrewshire can offer a shopping service. You can phone them on 0141 876 9555.

Getting help with funeral costs

Financial support and advice can be accessed if you email our Money Advice and Rights team on

Last modified on 7th July 2020

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon