Information on the Discretionary Business Fund.
Discretionary Business Fund
The Discretionary Business Fund aims to provide a £2,000 grant to East Renfrewshire businesses that are experiencing immediate financial challenges as a result of the Covid-19 restrictions and regulations, but haven't been able to access the Strategic Framework Business Fund or other business grant funds provided by the Scottish Government.
In particular, this fund will aim to help businesses that have been without financial support since October 2020.
The discretionary fund will provide a one-off payment of £2,000 per business.
The business must fall into one or more of the following categories:
- The business supplies goods or services to those who have been closed or restricted
- The business is facing hardship as an indirect consequence of the current restrictions but hasn't been eligible to get financial support through the Strategic Framework Business Fund
- The business doesn't have premises and is therefore ineligible for grants attached to the rates system
- The business operates within East Renfrewshire
- The business is small or a micro enterprise employing less than 50 staff
- The business is ineligible for any scheme of support introduced since October 2020 by the Scottish Government. This will also include any new schemes of support which may be announced by the Scottish Government prior to the end of March 2021
- The business must have been trading on 1 November 2020
More information will be requested within the application form and during our assessment process in order for businesses to evidence loss of income or trading difficulties during the period from October to December 2020.
Before you start
Have you checked whether you're eligible for any of the schemes also available such as:
Strategic Business Framework Fund - https://findbusinesssupport.gov.scot/service/funding/strategic-framework-business-fund
Newly Self Employed Hardship Fund - £4,000 one off payment - https://findbusinesssupport.gov.scot/service/funding/newly-self-employed-hardship-fund
Mobile Close Contact Fund - £4,000 one off payment - https://findbusinesssupport.gov.scot/service/funding/mobile-and-home-based-close-contact-services-fund
Scottish Wedding Industry Fund - from £5,000 to £25,000 one off payment - https://findbusinesssupport.gov.scot/service/funding/scottish-wedding-industry-fund#eligibility.
Large Self Catering Grant - £2,000 one off payment - https://findbusinesssupport.gov.scot/service/funding/large-self-catering-grant.
More information on all of the current grant schemes can be found at https://findbusinesssupport.gov.scot/browse-support.
What you need to know
The form is online and you'll need to complete some general information about your business.
You'll also be required to upload bank statement information plus, if applicable, any lease, council tax or accounts information requested within the online form.
Once we start to assess your application you may also be required to provide more evidence to demonstrate any reduction in income or loss of business due to Cpvid-19 restrictions between October and December 2020. This could include:
- Most recent accredited accounts for your business or management accounts showing monthly income for both October to December 2019 and 2020 for comparison
- A copy of your self-assessment tax form for 2018/19 and 2019/20 for comparison
- Evidence of trading through bank accounts for both October to December 2019 and 2020 for comparison
- Evidence of trading through VAT returns for the period of both October to December 2019 and 2020 for comparison
- Other evidence depending on your application. For example, proof of identity or trading documents such as invoices, websites or social media posts and or marketing materials*
*Once we start assessing your application we'll email you to ask for any more documents we may need.