Read our business reopening advice and download our business recovery toolkit.
- Read the tourism and hospitality sector guidance on the gov.scot website.
- Read guidance on individual risk assessments for the workplace on the gov.scot website.
- Read guidance on sport and leisure activites on the gov.scot website.
- Read events sector guidance on the gov.scot website.
- Read public health measures at borders (international travel) on the gov.scot website.
Check and Protect is a simple online solution for businesses in East Renfrewshire to collect customer contact details in line with Scottish Government guidelines to support NHS Scotland Test and Protect.
It's an app that is safe, easy and secure. It's free and can be used by any business where there's a need to record visits in the event of an NHS Track and Trace request, using a QR code to store contact data for 21 days.
How does it work?
The service is free and is managed by East Renfrewshire Chamber of Commerce. It offers a simple sign process for businesses, plus gives them the toolkit they need to quickly implement the service including onsite check-in posters and FAQ documents. It removes the GDPR liability for the business as this is managed by the Chamber.
For consumers it offers a simple check-in process, consistent across multiple venues with 2 touch check-in when registered. Check and Protect will be in place until the end of March 2021 when it'll be reviewed.
What do I need to do?
Visit protect.eastrenchamber.org.uk to find out more information and register.
Our Economic Development team have been working in partnership with Business Gateway East Renfrewshire, East Renfrewshire Chamber of Commerce and the All About Barrhead and I Love Clarkston Business Improvement Districts to design a Covid-19 business recovery toolkit.
We've also produced guidance which provides advice and support to shops, leisure facilities and other businesses likely to experience an upsurge in visitor numbers as lockdown restrictions are eased. It outlines the steps that both you and we are likely to have to make to ensure the safe re-opening of your premises.
Our business recovery toolkit downloads include resources to support your business, to reopen safely, as lockdown restrictions are lifted.
Our toolkit includes:
- guidance on practical measures for your premises, to help keep staff and customers safe
- posters, stickers, and other resources to support the changes you have to make
The resources have a 'people-first' approach, supporting a friendly and welcoming customer experience, and complement signage across East Renfrewshire.
Register for a business recovery pack
We've a limited supply of recovery packs available.
To request, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and conditions
When registering for a business recovery pack be aware that:
- resources are only available to businesses and organisations with customer-facing premises in East Renfrewshire
- resources will be allocated on a first come first served basis
- we'll prioritise delivery of resources for businesses that are already open
Businesses will also get the following downloads:
- Re-opening East Renfrewshire's town centres - Covid-19 business advice guide. The purpose of this guide is to give advice and support to shops, leisure facilities and other businesses likely to experience an surge in visitor numbers as lockdown restrictions are eased.
If you're unfamiliar with completing a risk assessment, a limited number of places for an online training course are available free of charge to East Renfrewshire businesses.
The course includes:
- mental awareness training
- remote audit
- free resources such as face masks and hand sanitizers
To request this package of support email email@example.com.
Test and Protect was launched across Scotland on 28 May 2020 and aims to prevent the spread of Covid-19 in the community by:
- identifying cases of Covid-19 through testing
- tracing the people who may have become infected by spending time in close contact with them
- supporting those close contacts to self-isolate, so that if they have the disease they are less likely transmit it to others
For businesses reopening, Test and Protect procedures may require to be applied in some sectors. The following guidance and support documents can be downloaded:
This guidance applies to any establishment operating in the following sectors that provides an on-site service. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Hospitality such as restaurants, cafes, and pubs
- Other accommodation providers
- Tourism and leisure such as theme parks, museums and cinemas
- Close contact services such as hairdressers, barbers, beauticians, tattooists, sports and massage therapists, dress fitters, tailors and fashion designers
- Facilities provided by local authorities such as libraries, leisure centres and registration offices, cremation authorities, burial authorities, places of worship or funeral director service rooms offering funeral services
- Places of worship that are reopening for congregational services and communal prayer or contemplation
We're Good To Go is the official UK mark to signal that a tourism and hospitality business has worked hard to follow government and industry Covid-19 guidelines and has a process in place to maintain cleanliness and social distancing.
Upon successful completion of the application, you'll be sent a secure link to download your certificate, mark and a toolkit with practical steps for telling your customers that your business is 'good to go'.