Information on Barrhead Recycling Centre.
How will it work?
In order that the site can operate safely and to prevent traffic issues in the local area, visits will be by appointment only.
Slots will be released and a link will be added to this page on a Wednesday at 9am each week for the following week. For example, each Wednesday we'll release slots for the following Monday to Sunday.
Using the online booking system is the quickest way to secure a slot but if you don't have online access, you can phone 0141 577 3001 for help.
- visits are limited to one visit and vehicle per week per household
- only one person per vehicle is permitted
- the Barrhead Recycling Centre is licensed to accept household waste and materials only
- no vans or trailers will be permitted entry
- white goods will now be permitted
- site staff won't be able to physically help with disposal
- there's a zero tolerance of any abuse of staff or any other anti social behaviour
What to do with your waste if you've symptoms of Covid-19
If you've symptoms of Covid-19 or live with someone who does, you must store your personal waste such as used tissues and disposable cleaning cloths securely within disposable plastic bags.
When appropriate, these bags should be removed and placed into another bag and securely tied or sealed and kept separate from other waste. This must be stored for at least 72 hours inside your property before being put in your non-recyclable waste bin.
Other household waste can be disposed of as normal.